DIY Splatter Paint Socks
Although the heat wave has officially hit Los Angeles the calender says its about it to be fall. Fall has always been my favorite season for fashion.
I love being abole to layer and play with different styles, patterns, and colors. To fit in with both the temperature and the date on the calendar I thought the best way to compromise was to create something light and easy, but that also steps into the feeling of Fall. The ankle sock is a Fall staple that never seems to go out of style.
All types of sock trends are popping up on the pages of fashion magazines and in ad campaigns as a must have . Inspired by one of my favorite Sam Edelman shoes- splattered painted heels for spring/summer, I wanted to try my hand at splatter painting items of clothing. Follow these easy steps to create an artistic approach into wearing something so basic as socks.
You will need:
Easy Breezy Steps:
1. Lay down newspaper or prepare clean work space – splatter paint tends to get quite wild and you want to make sure you don’t stain all of your belongings
2. Find a way to stretch out the socks- we chose to slide them on two cans of spray paint but you can also use a wrapping paper tube, medium piece of cardboard, poster tube etc.
3. Take paint and paintbrush and begin splattering on socks. There aren’t many ways to go wrong with splatter paint so feel free to put any twist on it that you like.
4. Let the paint dry overnight. It will dry fast but may still smudge quite easy.
5. Strut around in your new splatter paint socks dressed up or down paired with an array of styles including heels, ankle boots and flats